Recipe for preparing Kara Sev.
- Gram flour/ Besan - 11/4 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Black pepper coarsely powdered - 1/4 tsp
- Butter/ Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Crushed garlic - 3 tsp
- Salt – to taste.
- Oil – to deep fry
- Sieve both Gram flour and Rice flour together in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt, garlic, butter/ ghee and cooking soda.
- Mix thoroughly with hand. It should look like bread crumbs. Divide the dough into 2 portions.
- Take one portion of this mixture, sprinkle water, knead like Puri dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai, use sev maker/ chakli press. Put some dough in the sev maker and press directly into oil.
- Deep fry in oil , drain excess oil.
- Do the same for 2 portion dough.
- After cooling this off, store this in an airtight container.